Monday, July 03, 2006

A Movie & Book Review...Memoirs of a Geisha...


I loved the book, but the photography killed this movie!

Why oh why do they make these dark dark movies? Heavy shadows poorly lit, parts of the movie is so dark you can't even enjoy the scenery. I think this movie would have been allright had the director of photography not tried to be so "artsy". He really ruined this movie, I guess they think it's art.

My other bitch was the blue eyes! They could have used contact lenses at least. Her eyes did not look blue to me in the movie, or maybe it was just so dark that I could not tell from blue or dark brown. Her eyes were the whole pivot of the story. That is what made her stand out and what made her so special. The promo picture has blue eyes but not in the movie....

No comments: